What if Imperial Germany had won the First World War Jason Longton
Analyzing Quixotic and Myopic views of so called leading western analysts about the USA and NATO failure in Afghanistan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TN493BV/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_R8Y2HQVS7XAPRG21V004 via @amazon
Theo Farrell's Book "Unwinnable" Critically Examined and Reviewed by Agha H A... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TRKYVF5/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_TGSBDJDA275QA41FVC7K via @amazon
What if Imperial Germany had won the First World War Jason Longton
Thursday, October 11, 2012
What if Imperial Germany had won the First World War
Jason Longton • It has always been an interesting dynamic, the interplay between the western
European nations and the east. It is a testimony to the spirit of the Russian people that they were
able to defeat both Napoleon and Hitler, despite all odds.
I do take issue with one point though.
I agree that without the Eastern front in WWI, Imperial
Germany would have rolled over France and Great Britain, but I don't think that this would have
necessarily been a bad thing. Counter-factual arguments are problematic, however had
Germany
prevailed in WWI, it is safe to say that there would likely have been no WWII, and if there were
it would have looked very different. The Bolshevik coup d'etat would have been very unlikely, as
would the rise and spread of fascism. Moreover, Imperial Germany was an appealing place in
many respects, not perfect by any means but certainly no worse than most other European
monarchies. Frankly despite a strong anglophile streak, I have always felt the wrong side won
in WWI.
Comments
Post a Comment
Only substantial and serious comments will be accepted .